Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hand, Foot, and Mouth

A little over a week ago on Thursday night about 10:00 Brantley had a fever of 102. David gave him a blessing and he slept through the night. His fever didn't disappear but he went to the low 99.0 the next couple of days was the same story. His fever ranged between 102 to 103. Finally Saturday afternoon he had his last high fever. I was thinking that he was teething but I was wrong. Monday Brantley was walking through the kitchen and came up to me saying "Owe. Owe" So I sat him in his high chair to look at his feet. On the bottom of his feet around his toes, in between his toes, and on the top of his toes were blisters. Some had popped, others were just starting, it was all read and there was some slight peeling. I felt so bad for him. I wasn't sure what it was so we went to the insta-care. I was secretly hoping for athletes foot because hand, foot, and mouth is so contagious and can be so painful. Well that's what he had. Hand, foot and mouth. So Brantley wasn't able to go to preschool at all last week. David just happened to be home working at BYU so I would have Brantley in the morning, David would come home so I could go to school, then when I got home David would go back to work. He wasn't able to get all of his hours but I am so grateful for his sacrifice and helping me make things work here so I wouldn't have to miss my classes. But Brantley is doing so much better. His feet are peeling like crazy but there are no more blisters. Yahoo!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that he is on the mend. David can probably catch up on his hours this week!

    ReplyDelete