Saturday, June 5, 2010

***BIG NEWS***





Well...David and I are expecting our first child!
DUE DECEMBER 19TH!
We are becoming more and more excited everyday! This baby was a little bit of a surprise, but we know that Heavenly Father wanted us to have this baby and we couldn't be more grateful. As for some details I am 3 months along, we have been to the doctor twice and everything seems to be going well.
Everything started during that one week where I was pretty sick, I still think it was the flu but after I got feeling better I went to work and my co-workers kept saying "oh I had that when I was pregnant, or I felt like that when I first found out I was preg" so I decided to go the the dollar store and got 4 of the dollar ones. I came home and tried one out and I waited like a minute and got nothing, so I put it on the side of the tub and went and did some other things, I came back a little while later and TWO lines had showed up. I let out a little scream and David popped up from the couch and said "NO WAY!" I ran out and was like "David there is two lines!" We couldn't believe it, David said that it was probably a defective one and to take another one, so I did, and same effect, so David told me to take another one in the morning, and that both of the ones that I had taken were defective. So I did, I took another one in the morning and same thing. Well I thought that maybe I was reading it wrong so I had to go buy one that said words, and well...WE ARE PREGNANT!! I get sick, but it hasn't been bad. I have only thrown up 3 times and that is only because of some certain bathroom smells. Mornings aren't bad but nights are horrible. Food doesn't sound good. Eating is pretty much a trial and error kind of thing. I am nauseous am not nauseous all the time, but if I don't eat something about every half hour I get nauseous and if I let that feeling go on it only gets worse and that is when I am in trouble. I don't like spicy food anymore, and chicken for a while wasn't good! I have only tried it once more recently and it was okay, but I am afraid to take my chances. Our families are very excited! For Davids family we played a game...they didn't suspect a thing!:D We played a made up charades/pictionary. I had everyone put there name and them doing an action in a bag. For example Davids was "David eating ice cream". So when someone pulled his name out they would draw the person and then act out their action. David went last and when he pulled out a name he just acted me out (I didn't actually put my name in) I got a video of it. It is a little long because David didn't want to continue until he had everyones attention. As for the other video that is my family dinner. I was saying the prayer and at the very end I said "and please bless the baby growing in my belly" you can tell when I said it because everyone started smiling! I had so much fun with it!



We are very excited! We have a hard and exciting road ahead of us, but we know that this child is meant to be ours and Heavenly Father trusts in our ability to be parents and I am grateful for that and also all the love and support we have received from friends and family!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute way to tell your families!! haha I love it! :) Congrats!! I am so excited for you both! P.S. I'm due the 20th! :) How crazy is that? When you find out the gender, let us know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prayer idea! What a great way to tell your family! Can't wait to meet this little one of yours. I think it is going to be a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO awesome!!! I'm so excited for you! And that was hilarious that David kept making you take more!! hahah... and I love the game way! I might just steal that idea for next time! :)Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete