Wednesday, July 18, 2012

38 Week Appointment


Today I had my 38 week appointment. I wasn't really looking forward to it because last week nothing had changed. I mean I am always excited to hear her heart beat but the week before I hadn't dilated more and I left feeling discouraged. Today, even though I had been walking all week and doing what I could to help bring on labor I was afraid that the doctor would tell me once again that nothing had changed. But today I was devastated to find out that I hadn't dilated or thinned out anymore AND the baby has turned and is now breach. The chances are very slim that she will turn and so my doctor has scheduled a c-section for next Wednesday. We have another appointment on Monday to see if anything has changed, just in case, and if my some miracle she has gone back to head down we will continue waiting it out to try for a vbac. But otherwise we will have a baby on Wednesday. We have been praying for me to have a vaginal birth but it just not might be in my cards. But whatever happens I will just be happy to have her here safe and healthy. We are very excited to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment