Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Deer Hunt....


Well David put his gun to good use this past weekend. We hiked and hiked all morning long. He hadn't seen a single buck all moring. Well around 4:00 he shot a nice 4 point. He was so excited. I wasn't near him at the time but I had a walkie-talkie with me. I heard some shots, praying that it was David because he just brought this nice gun and he was so excited to use it. Well about three minutes after his shots he got on the walkie-talkie and said
"CAMILLE.....CAMILLE I GOT ONE!!"
I was so excited for him. As for me, I didn't get one....I guess I missed. I shot at a nice 3-point. It was only about 100 yards away, I shouldn't have missed. I had previously practiced that week when david was sighting in his gun and did fairly well. Well I couldn't believe that I had missed a deer that close, so I hiked all around looking for blood or anything that would signify that I hit it, but I found nothing. I later found out that the gun I was using hadn't been sighted in before the hunt. So next year I will make sure that it is sighted in before I use it.
Never again will I let a buck that nice get away from me!

5 comments:

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! DAVID! YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME ON THE PHONE! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! That gun was worth every penny. Way to go! Bring me some Thanksgiving Jerky. But you can keep the deer head for your wall. Nice job! Camille, I am so impressed you go to! I love that you were the first person David told and that you were both so excited together. That is the way it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are SO CUTE!!! I forgot you guys like hunting! We do too! We'll have to go camping together! I suck at hunting... but you obvioulsy know what you're doing!! TEACH ME!! I can't shoot a deer if it licked me in the nose! I'm a terrible indian!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congratulations. I didn't hear anything from you guys to see if you got a deer or not. So I asked one of the girls and they knew all about it! I thought maybe Camille had posted a picture, so I am so excited that David got one. Did the camera help, plus we know the rifle did. Made it all worth it, didn't it? Great, way to go. Sorry about your miss Camille. You are so brave to evenn go and do it. Proud of you both. Love, Mom/Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you really did get a deer Davis. I never knew you had it in you. All that training I gave you is finally paying off. I give myself all the credit. He must have been one scraggly little 4-pint (mispelled on purpose) because you're holding him up like nothing in that first picture. What did he weigh? 23 lbs? Probably the one midget deer in all of Utah.

    ReplyDelete