Monday, October 12, 2009

Going to the temple...


I just love it!! I love it even more when David goes with me, but it is really fun when I go with friends too. So last week I decided that I needed to go to the temple because I haven't gone in a long while and nothing was going to stop me. Not the pile of homework, dirty dishes, hungry husband, not the late night off from work. Nothing was going to stop me. I had it all planned out. I wore a dress to work, I made sure I had my temple bag, I am sure that I left my wallet with my temple recommend in my backpack from the night before, I talked to Laura (my friend who lives above me) to make sure we would get there at the same time since I was going straight from work. It was all planned out. I was certain that Satan was not going to get the best of me this time. Well work went good we did get out a little late but it was nothing to worry about since I work only like 10 minutes from the temple. The traffic was wonderful, Laura and I got there about the same time, I got a front roll parking spot, and thinking to my self "wow, I got here in good time with a half hour to spare before the temple closes the doors for the night, I won't have to be in the last session. Satan didn't work very hard to not let me get to the temple tonight." Then it hit me....I had taken my wallet out of my book bag the night before and set it beside the couch and I didn't think about it because David had put his book bag on top of it so I didn't see it when I was going out the door on my way to work. I was so frustrated. I had wanted to go in the temple for so long and it felt like I wouldn't have enough time to drive home and make it back by 8, but I decided to try. And, Satan didn't get the best of me I made it home and back to the temple with 5 minutes to spare. Oh, and what a sweet feeling it was to sit in the temple.
I love the temple and the peace it brings and the feelings that I am left with when I leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment