Tuesday, September 29, 2009

General Conference Anything....I love it!!!

So this last weekend was woman's general conference. Let me first tell you that Crown burger, they are doing the smart thing. For any car that wants to park in thier parking lot for any reason they have to pay for a 14 dollar food voucher that has to be used at thier resturant before the end of the night, so for 2 cars it was 28 bucks!! What smart people! Anyway, I went with my mother and my sister Keri. We had some awesome tickets. Never before have I gone in thinking that I would get to sit practically 15th row from the very very front! Every chaperon I talked to just kept saying.."go down". If I had really good vision I could have seen the sweat on the speakers faces. But even though I couldn't do that, I COULD see their feet shifting under them. I loved listening to all the speakers. But I will tell you my favorite part of going to the conference center. It is when the prophet walks in and the room stands and everyone goes completely silent. IT IS AMAZING!!! The spirit is so strong and it fills the whole room, and their is not one doubt in my mind that he is a true prophet of the Lord. AND My sister Debbie was so very fortunate to be able to sing in the stake choir that sang during the session, which was so cool I saw her TWICE on the big screen TV in the conference center. She told me that during their choir practice someone told her that for every person singing there are three angels standing around them, and I believe it. They sounded so good. After the session Keri, my mom, and I went to crown burger that is about a block away had some dinner and then I headed back to provo. It was such a fun night!

3 comments:

  1. Wow thats so awesome you got to experience that! How cool! :) I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun. So glad to go. It is amazing to be there when the prophet walks in I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you got to go to the Conference Center, Wow, that's a great experience. I also enjoyed the Choir. When I see the conference again, I will look for Debbie! Love, Julie/Mom

    ReplyDelete