Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A lesson to be learned.....

Well I just have to say, that every since David and I have been married I have told him over and lover again that when he pulls out the head of lettuce from the fridge that he needs to wash off the leaves that he pulls off.

Well poor David just assumed that if he washed the whole head the first time that you wouldn't have to wash the layers underneath....even if it was the 8th one down....

Well for lunch the day after my birthday, he made himself a salad with a head of lettuce from our frigde. He pulled it out peeled of some leaves, didn't wash them, flicked off some bugs, didn't wash them, and then ate it.

Okay this is where I say "GROSS DAVE, didn't you think that if you flicked off some bugs that you REALLY needed to wash it?"

Well the poor man got food poisoning and he was SO sick. I have never seen him so sick! It was scary, he threw up over 30 times, and had diarrhea. We were worried that it was something so serious. He couldn't keep anything down. He tried ice, and water, and 7-up and crackers. But nothing worked.

We were getting so worried, we almost went to the ER. I asked David what he wanted to do, and he said that he wasn't sure, but he had never thrown up this much in his entire life (which in other words means that he really wants to go.) So I went into the other room and said a quick little prayer asking for guidance for what we should do. I got the feeling that going to the doctor wasn't what we needed to do. It was hard for me to tell David that, because he was so miserable and I just wanted to make him feel better, but I didn't feel that going would do anything for him. I felt that if we went they would give him some 800$ Advil and tell him to go home and rest.

So we didn't go. We stayed home. David had to rush to the bathroom a few more times, but around 2:30 he started feeling better. He stayed home the next day just to make sure. Now he is feeling much better, and hopefully he has learned his lesson on washing the head of lettuce EVERY TIME he eats some.

No comments:

Post a Comment