Friday, September 18, 2009

Just a thought....



Before we were married!

When we got married!

Here we are now! Happy as can be!!

I don't know what it is, but lately I have been getting the question "So how long you been married?" I don't know if I just haven't noticed it much in the past or what but I think I got ask by 3 or 4 different people all in one day. Which just got me thinking. I have been married 1 year, 8 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I still feel like it was yesterday that I got married but then at the same time I feel that being Smedley has always been a part of me. I have that "I feel like I am complete" feeling, I have my other half, and it feels good. I have a better understanding of the saying "my better half" that is exactly what David is. He makes me want to be a better person and he is always pushing me to do better and be better. He has always been someone for me to lean on in hard time, and a shoulder to cry on. He always finds a way to make me smile when I am feeling down and is appreciative of the things that I do for him. David and I have had our hard times and we have had our good times. We have done some fun things, and we have done some not so fun things. Our first year was not easy, but I am happy to announce that we made it through and have come out an even happier couple. More in love than the day we said yes. I can't believe how much time has flow by. I am grateful for David and the man that he is.

Come what may, rain or shine, I can handle anything with David by my side!

1 comment:

  1. Well, that is just a great thing to say. I lvoed the whole blog. I"m glad David is being a thoughtful husband and that you two are more in love than ever. You can't do better than that except to just keep getting better and better! Mom Smedley (julie)

    ReplyDelete