Friday, January 8, 2010

Two years and counting.....

Well this Sunday will be David and My two year anniversary. We will be celebrating it by going back to the place where everything began. We are going to the Salt Lake Temple to do sealings. I am so excited. I am amazed at how fast the time has gone by. We have had our ups and downs, and I am not going to lie our first year was hard....so hard in fact that at times I was ready to throw in the towel. Life was hard, but I did learn some very valuable lessons in life and had some experiences that have helped me become a better person. Life is wonderful now, I love being married. I love David. I didn't love the hard times we had, but I am grateful for them. We have become so much closer as a couple, and I know that no matter what comes our way we will be able to handle it TOGETHER. If someone were to ask me for some marriage advice I would tell them
1. Communication is crucial...
2. Couple prayer and scripture study is so important...do it every day!
3. Personal prayer and scripture study
4. Spend time with each other so you can remember why you got married in the first place.
5. The little things in life, like a hug or a kiss or a little note go along way and they mean a lot
6. Put your spouse first....in everything...and life will be better than you can imagine.

I got more but I will leave it at that....I am grateful for all of my very many blessings, especially David and these past two years that I have been able to spend with him.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for 2 years! It will only get better from here! Plus a few ups and downs :)

    ReplyDelete