Wednesday, October 20, 2010

*8 Months*....almost


So today I am 31 weeks and 3 days. I am just going to round up and say I am 32 weeks or 8 months. Time has flown by and that I only have about 8 weeks left until David and I get to meet our little Brantley. We can hardly wait. This past month has been a very busy and exciting one. Here are some things that have happened.
*I got my first stretch marks!!!
*We have had a couple of doctors appointments and one of them was a 3D ultrasound
*I have been having some really sever pain on my upper rib cage. My ribs hurt, and they constantly feel like I am burning, and everyone once in a while I get super sharp stabbing pains. Well I talked to the doctor about this and he said, it happens. When the baby is growing and moving around the rib cage sometimes expands and you can feel like you have broken ribs. While this news did make me feel slightly at ease I still have the pain but oh well Brantley is okay.
*I ordered Brantley a whole bunch of books from Scholastic (Thanks Deb)
*I had my first baby shower, and Brantley and I were spoiled with so many great things.
*I had my shot rhogam shot, and as I feared it was in my hip. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.
*We got to see little Brantley's face for the first time with the 3D ultra sound. I am not going to lie, he did look a little distorted but the doctor assured David and I that is not how he is really going to look, and that the ultra sound doesn't give a very good picture. But either way. I was so happy to see him. I think he is going to have the Kroeger nose and big cheeks. I also noticed in the ultra sound that he always had one arm above his head (which is what I always do when I am sleeping)
* He is about 3.5 pounds
*I have gained about 27 from the beginning of my pregnancy.
*I have found a way to roll over at night, so I don't wake COMPLETELY up and I sleep better and longer now. BUT it still isn't a great nights sleep.
*I love when David talks to Brantley and uses his name.
*I still love when David (or people in general) tell me I look big.
*I found a fantastic maternity store in Layton. It is called Honey Bump Maternity it is like a Plato's closet but for only maternity clothes.
*I no longer comfortably fit into my non maternity clothes, so I am down to about 5 shirts and 5 pants.
*I have discover that a little bit of nausea is coming back, not cool, but as long as I am eating regularly I am good.
*We discovered that Brantley is breech, but we aren't worried yet about it. He has a couple of weeks to turn and if he doesn't we will be going the c-section route.
*He is definitely a boy!! I had the doctor triple check! Just to be on the safe side.

Pregnancy is going well, but I can't wait until I can bend over and tie my shoes, or shave my legs comfortably again. I love feeling Brantley move, but what will be even better is feeling him move in my arms instead of my belly. I love this little guy and can't wait to see him in person.

2 comments:

  1. Camille you're so cute! :) I'm glad things are going well. I have the same problem in my ribs. It kills, but I started putting icy hot patches on it and it helps a tad... just a suggestion. :) Can't wait to meet your handsome little man ;)

    P.S. I love Honey Bump Maternity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am so sad that I missed your shower!! You look super cute girly!! It took Cody quite a while to flip too, but eventually he did. I have the same thing with the nausea coming on at the end, but I find a lot of it is related to heartburn. Me and prilosec are BFF!! Lets still try to get together before we deliver these babies.

    ReplyDelete