Thursday, October 28, 2010

A little update...

I am going to get pictures up as soon as I can. I just wasn't able to get them up at the hospital because I didn't have my cord to hook up my camera and since I have been home, life has been crazy.

Brantley
Brantley is doing so well. Now five days old, I can't believe how much I love the little guy! He just has me wrapped around his tiny little finger!! He is doing a fantastic job breathing. The nurses only occasionally have to give him air. He has been taken off all antibiotics. He had lost about 7 ounces since being in the NICU (which is normal) but he is starting to gain some weight back. Over the past two days he has gained 10 grams. That doesn't seem like a lot but we are happy that he has stopped losing and is now going the other direction. He is doing well on his feedings. I plan on breast feeding, but right now where he was born so early I am not able to so I just have to pump and then they have been giving him a little bit a milk every 3 hours. They have been increasing them every day and soon when he gets to what the hospital considers full feedings I can start breast feeding. I can hardly wait. He just keeps improving. The only thing that hasn't improved is his jaundice. So they have him under the special lights. But other than that he is doing great! I love watching him! When I walk in and go and touch him and talk to him he usually opens his eyes and tries to find me. I LOVE it! He does the same thing with David. I am just amazed at the love we have for him! He has truly been a little miracle in our lives! AND I thank you again to everyone who has prayed and fasted on our behalf. We know the power of prayer, and we have really felt it this past week!

Me
I came home from the hospital on Wednesday and I was so sore, well I still am, but it has gotten better every day. I still have a hard time sitting for a long time, it hurts to stand and walk and my back hurts but other than that I am good. I had a hard time coming home from the hospital. This wasn't exactly how I was expecting my pregnancy to go. I can't help but feel jealous of the other mothers in the hospital that get to have there baby's with them right away, or take them home after two days. That is what I want. I don't want to have to go to the hospital everyday to see my baby hooked up to machines and only get to hold him for an hour at a time because he has to go back under lights or warmers. BUT I know that this has all happened for a reason. I know Brantley is in the best of care. The nurses have been SO great! They take such great care of him and answer any questions that we have and are always so nice. I have such great respect for those nurses. They are so special in so many ways! I have tried to find the positives for Brantley being in the hospital and coming early and not being able to come home with us right away. Here are some that I have come up with.
*I didn't get a whole lot of stretch marks, I missed the worst couple of months with growing.
*I have been in a lot of pain with a c-section and when I get to bring him home I should be all healed and able to take care of him the best way possible.
*I will definitely be prepared for when he comes home. His room is now almost done. His crib is all set up. I am getting things organized and in order, this may not have happened had he come on time. Since I know the kind of procrastinator that I am.
These are just a few. I truly am grateful to have Brantley here. He is a joy in my life already!

David
Let me just say what a wonderful dad David is! I love watching him hold Brantley and look at him and just love him. He is already so very protective and such a proud daddy. He has been so good to me. He wants so badly to do whatever he can to be the best he can be for both Brantley and I. He has helped me out so much. Helping me recover and doing whatever he can to make me comfortable. He worries about Brantley and was so wonderful at the hospital. He took care of everything when I was completely knocked out with medication. He watched over Brantley, helped me pump, fed me, helped me get in and out of the bathroom and out of bed to go anywhere. I just love him SO MUCH! I can't believe I have such a wonderful husband and father to my children! He is so great!

3 comments:

  1. Camille, I am glad that you are feeling better everyday and that Brantley is doing so well. We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers for sure. We sure love you guys! Get those pictures up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad cute little Brantley is doing so well! I love reading your updates. Sorry you're so sore. I hope you start feeling better soon! Good luck with everything! You & Brantley are still in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading the updates on all three of you. I am going to print off the pictures that Polly sent to add to my BRAG book and post on my bulletin board. Glad you are all doing well. Brantley is such a cute little guy. I'm glad David is helping you so much. I'll keep checking on your blog, so I know what's going on. I"m glad you wrote on it. Love you all. We continue to pray for all too!

    ReplyDelete