Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Brantley Update

I can't believe he is already 7 days old! This time last week was a day that I will never forget! Brantley is doing SO well. His jaundice has gone down so he is no longer on any lights. He will be on, what the hospital considers, full feedings tomorrow as long has everything goes as it should. I should be able to start breast feeding him by hopefully next Sunday. He is breathing great and in this next week or two he will start loosing the many cords he has attached to him. He also is starting to gain his weight back. Last Wednesday he had lost about 7 ounces taking him to a weight of 3 pounds 14 ounces. Yesterday he weighed exactly 4 pounds! We are so excited! I am amazed at how much love I have for this little guy. When I am not with him I feel like there is a piece of me missing. I love the little guy so much and soon we will be able to bring him home!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear! I hope things continue to get better! You're doing great Brantley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing experience being a parent and I am sure you appreciate your own mom even more than ever!

    ReplyDelete