Sunday, September 16, 2012

Updates

I had lost my camera so I hadn't been able to post any pictures but I am now back and ready to share.

*David and Camille*
Life has definitely not slowed down since I have had Braylee. In fact I think it has sped up a touch. After I had Braylee my mom came and stayed a week and then my mother-in-law came for about a half a week and boy was life easy when they were here. But they were so helpful they kept Brantley very busy so I could rest and relax and try to recover as fast as possible. They washed my dishes, made dinner, helped clean my house, took Brantley on walks and went to see a horse and played bubbles with him and so much more. Needless to say he was devastated when they were both gone and neither of them came back and I wasn't sure what to do by myself with two kids. I am recovering very well. My scar looks great and really I am feeling great. I am still trying to catch up on sleep and get used to a new schedule but I sure do love my two kids. It sure has been quite an adjustment going from just one to two. Brantley has been such a champ. He is always loving on Braylee, as far as I have noticed he hasn't been frustrated or upset that she has joined our family he only gets frustrated every once in a while that he doesn't have all the attention anymore. But 98% of the time he is just happy to have a friend at home and loves to help me take care of her. 

I have also started my LAST semester of school!!! YAHOO!!! I am taking 5 classes which is 13 credits. My favorite class is Pilates!! I have saved some of my hardest classes until the end but I just keep telling myself three more months...just three more months! And even though a my classes are tough I am really enjoying them, but I can hardly wait until the middle of December!

David is also in school. Busy as ever. He is taking 18 credits and working as much as he can. We don't get to see him very often but when he is home we are all as happy as we can be. David just got back from a field trip to Yellowstone. He got to do some really fun things but what he keeps talking about the most is the 13 wolves he got to see and hear about from the wildlife biologist that has been following them for the past 13 years. We are hoping that after this semester he will be accepted into graduate school here at BYU where he will be in a wildlife biologist masters program. He is such a great dad to both Brantley and Braylee. We made a deal when Braylee was born that when he was home he would change all of Brantleys diapers and I all of Braylees. He has done great and has even surprised me a few times and changes Braylees for me. He is such a good daddy! I love watching him with both the kids!

*Brantley*
Brantley is almost two years old. I can hardly believe it. He cracks us up on a daily basis. He is so smart and he surprises me all the time with how much he knows and catches on to.  Here are a few things that are happening with Brantley
He is obsessed with animals especially elk and horses. He recently discovered his sock monkey and loves to carry it around and sleep with it. 
He also has moved to a big bed and only sleeps in his crib on rare occasions. I love having him in a twin bed because I can lay by him at night to read him stories and when he wakes up in the morning or in the middle of the night he just comes into our room. 
He loves to sing and dance. His two favorite songs are twinkle twinkle and happy birthday and he will dance to any kind of music.
Talks all the time. My favorite thing he says as of lately is when we ask him a question he will start off his answer with "ummmm" 
He is obsessed with getting flies that come into our house. I was sitting next to him on the couch watching a show when all the sudden Brantley smacked his forehead and said "fly". Also when ever he sees one flying around he will yell "fly" and point to where ever it is and chase after it.
I know I have said this before but he is super helpful with Braylee, maybe a little too helpful. In the past two weeks I have caught him trying to feed Braylee a jalapeno, a cookie, and milk (the kind she can't have).

Here are a few pictures as of late of Brantley
I have had a hard time getting him to eat cut corn but we just found out he loves corn if he can eat it right off the cob! 

Brantley loves his daddy
and brushing his teeth
and constantly hugging and kissing Braylee. She really doesn't seem to mind half the time. 
He is such a good big brother.

We went to the Weber State fair and He loved pushing Braylee in her stroller. I am still getting used to the whole two kid idea so this is the only picture I got the whole time we were there. But he sure loved all the animals especially the horses, pigs, and cows.

Falling asleep in his high chair doesn't happen very often. But I love when it does! I think he is so dang cute!

*Braylee*

I sure do love this little angle! She is such a good baby! Here is a little bit about her. 
The 6 hours of sleeping didn't last more than two weeks. She went to every 3 hours for a little while but now we are back to 7+ hours at night (most the time). 
She doesn't like sleeping in the bassinet, she LOVES the swing though
She is starting to smile ALOT and I can't get enough of them.
\She loves Brantley, when she watches him she smiles it is the cutest thing.
At her two week appointment she had gained 2 pounds. She is chunking right out.  
She loves being held and her back being patted.

Here are a few pictures I have got of her


Happy as can be holding Braylee
My little angle baby girl!

Life might me a little tougher right now with school and two kids but I wouldn't want our life any other way. 
I love my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment