Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pregnancy Update *4 Months*



I am 4 months pregnant!! I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. I have been keeping this one a slight bit more on the quite side. But it doesn't make us any less excited. This pregnancy has been so easy (knock on wood) and I hope it continues and is a sign of things to come with this baby girl! I haven't been sick hardly at all. I feel great almost all of the time besides, headache, stuffy nose, irritability (especially when I am hungry:D), and I am ALWAYS tired!!! But David does so much to help me out and has such great patients with me.


But as for things to come with this pregnancy. We had an appointment with a specalist on February 10th. Which is when we found out it was a girl. I know that is early but she wasn't shy and it was VERY obvious that it was not a boy. (I will post those pictures later) We are getting more and more excited every day and can hardly wait to meet her. But anyway, the specailist check me out and becuase we do not know why Brantley came so early their isn't many ways of preventing this one from coming early. I currently have a 25% chance of coming early and there is really no way to prevent it except for a progesterone shot. She told us that about 1 in 5 women actually need this shot but because they have no way of testing to see if I am that ONE that they just give it to everyone that has a risk. But she said that there are two down sides. 1. It is a weekly shot that I would give myself every week in the bum and it is very painful and 2. I have a 5% chance of having a still born birth. When she said that my heart just dropped. I know that 5% isn't a big chance but it is still a chance that I don't know if I am willing to take. She also said that she wasn't a true believer in it but that she isn't against it. She told us to think about it and let our doctor know. But besides that everything looked great and she is growing great.


David and I have been thinking about it alot and after a blessing we have decided that I am not going to take the shot. I feel that everything will be just fine with this baby and with faith and prayers I will go forward with that.


But anyway 6 months left!! We are so excited. I don't know where we are going to put her we would love to find a bigger place but Provo is expensive and we are poor so we will probably just stay where we are at.

4 comments:

  1. Another baby?? How exciting!! That is just awesome!! And a girl to boot!! I loved seeing all the pictures and reading all your updates. Brantley is such a cute little guy.... looks like he keeps you busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking good! Scott and i sure enjoyed the videos of Brantley. I got such a kick out of him backing up when you beep. So funny. I also enjoyed seeing your family Christmas pictures. We also do the pickle thing when we are at home with all the family. It's a fun tradition. Thanks for sharing all. Keep it up! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Camillie! I am so excited for you!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such great news! A Smedley girl will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete