Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter and Conference Weekend

I had a wonderful time spending time with my family this past weekend. I went down Friday night, David drove me to Salt Lake where I got on the front runner where my mom, and three of my nephews (Emerson, Taylor, and Hayden) were waiting for me it was fun getting to ride the train with them. Saturday morning I ran over to West Point park to watch my nephew Bradley participate in the city Easter egg hunt. Then Bryon and Keri gave me a ride back to the parents house where we had breakfast of pancakes, bacon, sasauge, and lots of fruit and after everyone was done eating we had an Easter egg hunt, my mother is so clever she has a different color of egg for every grandchild. so that way every child gets the same amount of eggs and they only search for one color. It was so much fun, but so cold! I felt bad David couldn't be there, I missed him but next year I am sure he will be there. The rest of the day was spent listening to conference, and finishing up getting things to put in Davids Easter basket. However, that night I did head over to David's sisters house for their tradition of going to Deseret Book and spending a little time in there, and then going back to Jennys house to make little pizza's and wait for the boys to come home from the priesthood session. After I love all of my in-laws! I couldn't have asked for a better family! Easter morning brought good things to both David and I. David had a basket for me full of a lot of my favorite things he had given me candy, and makeup, a new watch, V8 juice. YUMMY! I love him! I got him an easter basket with a new shirt, a new book, utility knife. I kinda went for the more practical things that last more than 5 minutes, but I did put in some fruit snacks and some whoppers. We also got an easter basket from my parents filled with all kinds of wonderful things (thanks Mom and Dad), and to top it all off my mother made my favorite Sunday dinner. Roast chicken, with mashed potatos, gravey, corn, and rolls, except we had homemade bread. Which was delicious! What a wonderful conference weekend to be able to be spiritually uplifted and spend time with family! We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter. I love the colored egg idea unless you have 25 grandchildren or something, but by then you could put intials. Sounds so fun. I"m glad that you could go to Jenny's and go to the Deseret Book with the girls. They loved being with you and also the game you did after they said was way fun. I see that you are abreving a few things. They must be rubbing off on you, or else you did it before you came into the fam and I just never noticed. Anyway, I'm glad I understand abrevs! Love you!

    ReplyDelete