Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well sickness is no fun...no fun at all!!!

Don't worry, I am still not preg! Over Easter weekend I was around family that has been sick, and while I thought I had escaped the sickness Tuesday morning my throat started to get sore, then I got a fever, then diarrhea, then higher fevers. So I went to the doctor. They did one of those rapid strep tests that came back neg, but he wanted to get another one just in case so I am waiting to hear back from that one. But the doctor told me it was probably viral and to go take some ibuprofen and some cough medicine(I haven't had a cold or a cough, or the sniffles for a while, but whatev) So I came home with a 102.7 fever and it just got worse over the night. I woke up at 3:30 and my fever was clear up to 103.something. I don't know about you, but this doesn't sound viral to me. So needless to say I had a miserable night, the next day I couldn't get my fever below 100. so I called the doctors office and they said just continue taking ibuprofen unless my fever gets up to 103 or 104 and I can't get down. So I said okay, that night the vomiting started. I have been pure miserable. The good news though, I woke up this morning with no fever! Sore throat, nausea, diarrhea yes but no fever! Yahoo! I can somewhat function today! Hopefully the doctors will call me back, tell me that I have strep so that I can start some antibiotics so that I can feel COMPLETELY better.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like some of the illnesses that my missionaries get. Usually with the vomiting, diarrhea. fevers, it is one of two things: food borne or else a bacterial infection. If diarrhea lasts more than two days, I am instructed to give them an antibiotic. Also for diarrhea, I give them colodium to help stop that. If it's not bacterial, then it's usually over in 24-48 hours. So, I hope you showed something. It sounds like it lasted several days.

    ReplyDelete