Monday, January 3, 2011

A Brantley Update

Brantley is sure chunking right out. We went to the doctors today and he now weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces. We are so proud of him. He has come so far in two months. Looking at him now I can hardly believe that he was once 3 pounds 14 ounces. He has more than doubled his birth weight of 4 pounds 6 ounces. Here are a few things Brantley has been up to lately.
*His feeding schedule is about every two hours during the day and about 4 hours at night. Although, most recently he goes to be about 10 or 11 sleeps for 4 hours, eats, will sleep for about an hour then is up every half hour until about 6 then he will sleep until about 8 or 9.
*He is starting to be more awake during the day. Sometimes he doesn't sleep between feedings and when that happens he usually just sits and looks around at everything just making cute little baby sounds.
*I might be wishful thinking but I sometimes thing Brantley is trying to smile on purpose not just his adorable little twitches that make him smile. It doesn't happen very often just yet, but I am sure really soon he will be smiling all the time.
*We no longer have to feed him on his side. He still gets the slow flow nipple on the bottle but at least he is eating well.
*He still has all his hair. He hasn't lost any, not even on the back of his head.
*The doctor gave me some bitter/sweat news...he could be off his apnea monitor next month. He will be nice not to have to carry it around but I have loved the comfort it has given David and I.
He is still such a good baby. He really only cries when he is hungry and a little bit when he is getting tired. We love our little man and are sure glad he is all ours!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I finally got to see Brantley, he is such a cutie!! I love the picture of him and Wyatt together. They get big to fast though!!

    ReplyDelete