Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our little Brantley

Our little man is getting SO big!! We love him so very much! Who knew parenting could be such an amazing expirence. I love being home with him and seeing all the different changes in him everyday. Here is a little update on him
He now weighs 10 pounds 13 ounces.
Last week he gave us a little scare with a super stuffy nose and a fever of about 100.5. I took him to the doctor and the doctor was almost positive Brantley had RSV, but just to make sure he sent us to the hospital to take a test. That night I had David give him a blessing where he was promised that he would heal quickly and his nose would remain clear so he could breath. The next day the results came back negative. He just had a cold. Poor little guy.
He does NOT like getting his nose sucked.
He holds his head up like a champ.
Sleeps 6 to 8 hours at night.
Is still very mellow. He only cries when he is hungry and super super sleepy. We do get little shout outs for attention but other than that he just sits and looks around.
During the day he eats every 2 to 3 hours and sleeps really well after he is done eating EXCEPT when his daddy is home. When daddy is home Brantley has to be by him whether it is in the swing or bouncer he just has to be where he is or he wont sleep. He is definately a daddy's boy.

Here are a few pictures that I have captured over the past couple of weeks.

Brantley is also starting to smile. He always seems to smile when I don't have the camera or he stops smiling as soon as I take a picture. These are the closest I have on camera.

He is so dang cute!

Brantley has a big day coming up on February 6th.

We are going to bless him in Layton so that all of our family and friends will be able to come to the blessing and then gather after in a comfortable much lager space rather than our little apartment. My mother bought Brantley his adorable little blessing suit and I couldn't resist buying the little shoes. Thanks MoM!

2 comments:

  1. So glad Brantley doesn't have RSV! Kamren is going to be blessed on Feb. 6th too! :) Brantley's blessing outfit is ADORABLE!! (and his shoes are so stinkin cute!) By the way, I love the cute outfits you gave Kamren! Thank you so much! I have something for Brantley too but I think I might have to leave it at your parents until your next visit. Is that ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so cute. I love the blessing pictures. What a treasure. The shoes and the blessing outfit are darling. yeah for Moms. Which reminds me, Im not sure, but I think I saved a blessing blanket for David's first baby. Did I give that to you?

    ReplyDelete