Friday, January 28, 2011

A few other things I forgot to mention

First about Brantley

Brantley is starting to wear 3 month old clothes. I have loved his newborn outfits and I hate to see him grow out of them because they are so dang cute but when long sleeves are only to his elbows I guess it is time to move on to cute bigger clothes.
Brantley eats about every 2 to 3 hours and he eats about 3.5 to 4 ounces at a time. Sometimes I feel that he should be eating more but where he is almost 11 pounds I guess he is getting what he needs.

Camille:

I had planned on nursing from the beginning but where Brantley was early and in the hospital for so long the nurses suggested that if I wanted him out of there sooner I could introduce the bottle. Well I wanted him out so we did, but the consequence of doing that was giving Brantley the lazy man's way of eating. I have been pumping for over 3 months now and anyone who has pumped understands how awful it can be. There is nothing else that can make you feel like a cow more. I am so tired of pumping and my milk supply seems to be decreasing but we didn't have the money to go to formula. So we went to WIC for help. They were so wonderful. I was going to tell them that I was done pumping and I expected them to fight me on it. But they were great, they understood where I was coming from but encouraged me to keep going (which I am doing) and also supplied formula for us. I am not pumping as much and I am only going through the end of the winter, which I figured is a reasonable end in sight. I wish I could have nursed but maybe with the next child.

3 comments:

  1. Breast is best, but it doesn't always work out. I know its hard to not feel bad because there is so much pressure to breast feed, but as long as you give it your best effort don't feel bad. Your kid is going to grow up just fine, he will be smart, and he will be a great person because you love him and raise him right, not because he breast fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing great! And don't you just love wic! They're great too. And Brandtley is so so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wouldn't worry about it. He is thriving well. You will have plenty of opportunity when you have other children! Love ya. Julie

    ReplyDelete