Sunday, January 2, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Sorry I have been slacking like crazy! Life has been busy the past couple of weeks. I will do more updating on Brantley tomorrow since we have a doctors appointment. But the holidays have been good for us. First of all David and I both finished and passed our semester. YAY!! I was a little worried but all is well. I don't have to retake any classes. David did SO well. I am so proud of him. I have loved having him home with me and Brantley.
We decided to head up north for Christmas which was a little scary taking Brantley out and around people but it seems everything went well. Since we did go up north for Christmas we decided to have Christmas at our apartment a couple of days early. I loved it! This was the first year that we have had Christmas at our place since we have been married and it was so fun getting to spend it at home with our little family.
When we were up north I mostly just stayed at my parents house while David went to extended family parties. But when we were with just immediate family we all went. Brantley did pretty good but I have noticed that when there is a lot of people around he doesn't sleep well by himself. He has to be by everyone in order to sleep. The little stinker. But I didn't mind getting to hold him all the time.
Christmas was great we got so many great things from our parents and siblings. We were spoiled rotten! New Years was great too. I spent the night with my parents and David went and represented us at the family parties.
I loved being able to spend so much time at my parents and getting to see family and family getting to see Brantley for the first time. The following pictures are things that have been happening most recently.
David and I were playing games with our friends Natalie and Jeremy. Brantley needed to eat so I stuck him in his high chair to feed him but the bottle stayed and he fed himself for a while. He did so good with it, but soon fell asleep so I had to take him out and hold him to feed him the rest.


New Years Day


Brantley got to meet his buddy
Waytt. They are almost the same size. They really should only be about two days apart.



Brantley with his two cousins Bradley and Lilly and Aunt Keri


Brantley got to meet Grandma Great Chlarson! We sure love this lady!

Three generations!!!

Sleepy boy

Christmas day...going to Grandma Annie's

Christmas Morning


Mommy and Brantley on Christmas morning

Brantley's room!!!
The videos vary from when Brantley was still in the hospital to just the other day. These are mostly for Grandma and Grandpa Smedley since they don't get to see Brantley in action very often being so far away in Cambodia.
Upper Left: Brantley working on some tummy time
Upper Right: Sometimes when we feed Brantley he does this cute little thing with his tongue and lips. Almost like he is still sucking his bottle without it being in there. We love watching him when he does it. It is kind of long, the middle to end of the video is what I meant to catch on tape.
Lower Left: Brantley was falling asleep on David and making cute little noises that I had to record.
Lower Right: Brantley in the hospital only a few days old. He makes my mom's hand look huge, since he was so tiny.

1 comment:

  1. He thanks for posting all of that stuff. I have been wondering how many parties you all went to. I'm sure David loved representing the family, but I"m sure he missed you both at the events too. Brantley is so darn cute! I love those cheeks. I loved the video of him going to sleep. He is just so content with his parents. And can't sleep unless he's out with everyone? Wow, he is like his Dad! Are you like that too? I loved everything and the pictures. I was so surprised how well he holds his head up and looks around. That is amazing for him being born so early. What a guy. Thanks again! I've been looking for your update. So this is perfect. I will get on and show Scott. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete