Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A hard work rewarded and another train ride!

Since Brantley was born I have been trying to fit back into my very favorite dress from high school. I started walking in the spring after I had Brantley and I lost weight but not enough to fit back in my dress. Then after I had Braylee I couldn't get motivated to get out so I signed up for a 5K called Running with Angels that is in May. Putting money down has forced me to be diligent in exercising. So far the past 3 weeks I have been running a mile almost every single day (minus Sunday). I have finally got down to my pre(Braylee)pregnancy wight and I was able to a 10 minute mile and I am so thrilled. Anyway, while I was at my mom's house this past weekend I decided that I would try my dress again and.....it fit. I was able to have it zip up all the way. It is still a little tight and a little tough to breath in but IT FITS!! 


TRAIN RIDE

David had to go on a week long work trip so I decided that I would take the kids and go visit my mom and dad. David drove up the car on Wednesday night after work but had to go back to school the next day but we wanted to take Brantley on another train ride, one that he would get to go on with David. So on Saturday he rode the train to Layton and we rode it back with him. Brantley was so excited. The night before David came, as I was putting Brantley to sleep, I told him Daddy was coming tomorrow and we are going to ride the train home. He got a huge smile and slept so well that night. In the morning he came into my room looked at me and said "where's dad?" He talked about going on the train all day until David was able to make it.


 The train was so crowded I didn't get to sit next to David until we got to Orem but I did get to sit next to a very nice elderly lady. While we were talking I was crocheting another baby hat and a guy (I am not sure he was all there upstairs)who looked to be in his early 20's looked at me and said "are you knitting baby booties?"
to which I replied "No, I am working on a baby hat"
"Oh well I love when women knit, it reminds me of my grandma."
awkwardly I replied because I didn't know what to say "Well I am glad it is a happy association."
Then thinking the conversation was over I went back to talking to my new friend and he started talking to me again saying "you know when I looked at you I just got the warmest butterflies"
I wasn't sure what to say to that either so I just said "thank you" and then he continued
"but I see that you are taken"
"Yes, yes I am" I said
"Okay well I will just stop talking and look away"
 The cute lady I was sitting next to looked at me as if to say "can you say crazy" then she said "I will protect you"

Ha ha needless to say it was a very interesting and fun ride. Brantley and Braylee did awesome. They were so good! Can't wait for our next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome lady to protect you from that crazy man. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh thats hilarious....but I know what he means you give me the warm butterflies too ;) So jealous you can fit into your old dress, beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete