Wednesday, November 17, 2010

and I thought we had it bad....

So the NICU has what they call a parent support group. This group puts on a dinner every Tuesday night with pizza and salad. David and I decided to go for the first time on Tuesday. While we were there some of the couples were talking about their baby's and I was blown away with how blessed David, Brantley, and I have been blessed. One of the women had her baby at 26 weeks and the other at 27 weeks. Both baby's were under 2 pounds. The 27 weeker has been doing fantastic and is now over 5 pounds but they have been here for quite a while and will still be here for a while. They are from Price so the mom brought their 5-wheel and has parked it in the parking lot across the street and lives there most of the time. She only occasionally goes home. The other couple just had there baby a week or two ago and she hasn't even been able to hold her baby yet. They can only touch and that is at a bear minimum. They also live quite a ways away and will be bringing a trailer to park in the parking lot across the street also. I couldn't help but to count my many blessing. Brantley was born at a small but great 4 pounds 6 ounces. We were able to hold him right away. We live so close that I am able to come and go as I please and continue to do the things I need to at home but come and see Brantley as much as I want and need too. The thought just kept coming to me of "no matter how bad I have it, someone always seems to have it worse." and that is so true. We really have been so blessed. Brantley is healthy and strong (for the most part) and he is eating well and continuing to grow and improve. We are so glad to have him as part of our family.

1 comment:

  1. I hope those other little babies do well. It's amazing what can be done now to help babies. Did they figure out why the drop in heart rate? I sure love all of those pictures, but I commented on them below in the next post I think!

    ReplyDelete