Friday, November 5, 2010

Another Brantley Update

The doctor called today. Brantley is doing great!!! He did have a little set back with his feedings. Since Brantley was born so early he hadn't developed the whole suck and swallow mechanism yet. So I have been pumping and taking my milk to the hospital where the nurses take it and add calories to it. Well he had been on what the hospital calls full feedings but then he started throwing up. Sometimes it was 1/3 of what they gave him. They tried giving him the feedings over 45 minutes instead of a half hour, but he was still throwing up. So they took him off full feedings and started giving him feedings over an hour. He also has been on caffeine to help his breathing from when he was born because he wasn't breathing when he came out. BUT when the doctor called she let me know that he hasn't been throwing up hardly at all. So they are putting him back on full feedings and taking him off the caffeine. She also told me that all he has to do to come home is learn to eat and keep growing! YaY!! It is always so good to hear that he is improving! We still have weeks until he comes home, but I know things happen for a reason and he will come home when he is ready!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Keep it up Brantley! You're doin great! Camille, how are you doing with the recovery? Feeling better? Less sore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo glad he is doing so good. I cant wait for you to bring him home. Food is so good little Brantley you keep eating.
    Good luck with everything camille and what a great christmas present he is for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear the good news! How are you feeling girly?? I wish we were closer so I could actually do something for you. But if you need something please let me know.

    ReplyDelete