Tuesday, November 2, 2010

~Miracles~

I have been wanting to post this earlier but things have been kind of crazy and I wanted David's input and we were able to sit down together and talk about all the many miracles we have seen.

1. Back in February and even a little while before that, I was feeling a little lost in my life. Between work and school and home life I felt that there was something more that I was supposed to be doing. So I started praying that I would know what I should do. The next month I found out I was pregnant. We weren't planning on him, but I know he was planned to come to us.


2. Soon after we found out we were pregnant I started talking to my co-workers about where to deliver the baby. My choices were Utah Valley Regional Medical Center or Orem Community hospital. I kind of wanted to go to Orem Community because the rooms were bigger and you didn't get moved around from room to room. But then we heard that Utah Valley has one of the best NICU's around so in case something went wrong we were right there and we would have the best of care. If we went to Orem Community and something went wrong they would have to transport us to Utah Valley anyway so we decided to be safe rather than sorry and chose to go to Utah Valley. We have had some of the best service there!

3. I wasn't going to go deer hunting with David at all, I had turned in my tag and didn't want to sit in the trailer all by my self all day, but my mother decided last minute to go and watch my two nephews so I decided to go also. Where we go deer hunting there is no service. David would have stayed over night up on the deer hunt and I wouldn't have been able to get a hold of him to tell him that I was in labor.


4. While we were up on the deer hunt it has started snowing. There is a pass we have to get across to come home that is so bad when it snows. Well earlier that day it had snowed, which was the reason we weren't planning on coming home that night. But an hour and a half before David got back to the trailer after hunter it had stopped snowing. Allowing us to make it over the pass with the little amount of snow that was up there.

5. Before we left for home I was able to get a blessing from David and my brother Cameron. In the blessing I was told that I would not have the baby at a time when medical attention was not available and that I would also have time to prepare for the baby. Which meant, you can go home and take a bath and a shower to get cleaned up.

6. On the way home David was able to find enough service to call the family and ask them all to pray that everything would turn out okay.

7. David is my miracle. It was his persistence that got me to the hospital in the first place and then when we got there and were waiting in the parking lot with out any contractions for at least 15 minutes. I had given up and told David to take us home, but he said no and to wait a few more minutes. This wait gave me enough time to have another contraction and got us into the hospital. I really don't know if I would have gone to the hospital on my own being as stubborn as I am and thinking that they were all just fake contractions.

8. After the two nurses had felt me and decided that I was dilated to a 5 and 90% effaced we needed to get a hold of our doctor to decide what to do. He took about 10 minutes to get to the hospital and we were able to get into surgery with in a half hour.

9. David was able to get a hold of his parents in Cambodia. They were in a room where they were able to talk to him. When usually they would have been away doing other things.

10. Brantley is still with us because of the miracle of medical technology and advancements and also because of all the very skilled doctors and nurses that work on him everyday.

11. Brantley came off his respirator/ventilator and oxygen the next day and was off all IV's with in the week.

12. Doctors were worried about the sutures in his head that they were fusing together, which would mean surgeries to cut them apart so his brain can grow, they took and ultra sound and found that they had not and that his head was growing the way that it should and they aren't worried about it anymore.

We know all of these miracles have happened because of prayers and fasting on our behalf from family and friends. We know that they power of prayer works and Heavenly Father is watching over us everyday and never leaves us alone. We are so grateful to have Brantley here with us! He truly is a miracle in our lives.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so great! You've been so blessed! So glad Brantley is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are certainly wonderful miracles! I hope soon you can video Brantley and put it on the blog so we can see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made a blessings list, you are so cute Camille! We sure do love you guys and are so grateful that all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember all the things that happened when Em was born too. So many tender mercies. What a little fighter! We really liked the nurses in Provo, much more so than at Primarys! And we liked the doctors, too, other then Susan Morelli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet Heavenly Father is! He is always blessing and watching over us! And what a gift that David is able to give those much needed blessings! We love you guys and we are so glad that Brantley is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camille and David! Wow, what a great perspective you have. I was just reading through your posts (and Blake's been following on Facebook) and have to say, your faith/perserverance/strength really shines through in all of this. I'm so happy to hear Brantley's doing well, I hope you're doing equally well. My door is always open to you if you need anything. Love-the Wheelers

    ReplyDelete