Wednesday, November 24, 2010

*Brantley Update*

WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE TO COMING HOME!!! There are still lots of things that need to happen, but we are to the point where the talk of home is a regular topic. But let me update on what has happened since the last update post.

Brantley had his acid reflux test and ijt came out that he has it pretty signifcantly. He is on medications to help him and his heart rate and oxygen saturation. The medication took about 5 days to kick in so they put him back on oxygen until the medication kicked in.

They took him off the oxygen last night and the nurses are just watching him to see how he does.

We moved to 3-a-day feedings, so I have been feeding him at 10:00am 4:00pm and 10:00pm. I started doing two bottles and one breast feeding. But the doctor told me that I needed to do two breast feedings and one bottle. But Brantley hasn't been doing well at all with breast feedings. I know it is because we gave him the bottles but I have been getting so frustrated. I know breast feeding takes time and he is still really little but I want him home so badly. Once he is eating 75% of two of his feedings and 50% of the third that is when they will move him to 4-a-day feedings. I don't want to give up on breast feeding but he does so well with the bottles I have struggled not doing bottles exclusively. I don't want to give up on breast feeding. I feel it is important so I will keep doing atleast one breast feeding a day.

David gives Brantley a bottle at night. I LOVE watching him do it. He is the sweetest daddy. There is nothing in the world like watching David smile and hold Brantley and talk to him. I can't really put it in to words. He is absolutely wonderful!!!

He now weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces. But he still feels so tiny. We are so proud of how he is growing! We sure do love him.

1 comment:

  1. You are both doing great as parents! And we are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete