Monday, May 16, 2011

A First for both David and Me!!!

This past weekend David and I went turkey hunting!! It is now one of my favorite hunts. I loved every minute of it. I had to be very patient but it paid out. We got a young tom

I was using a 20 gauge with only 2 3/4 so when I shot I only wounded it. So David and I snuck up on it. David thought it was dead but as we started walking up to it, it jumped up and started to fly. David whipped out his gun and shot it dead.


So this turkey was a group effort. It probably would have died from my shot but David finished it off faster.

We went to David's sisters house to clean it out which worked out great because they were killing chickens.

Here are the kids with the turkey they loved looking at it and taking turns trying to lift it

Esther was so good to play with Brantley.



The turkey was about 25 pounds





Brantley LOVES being outside

Starting to pluck the turkey

Issac was fascinated with all the different looking feathers he kept saying "can I have this one instead?" his mom only told him he could have 3.

Jared cleaning out a chicken

Issac and Esther helping pluck the chickens



Issac helping pluck the turkey. This was such a great experience! I can hardly wait until next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. well I'm glad you took those picts because I saw what my kids were doing-I didn't even know they were helping pluck your turkey! and I didn't know Esther was helping with Brantley so much! Good times-thanks!

    ReplyDelete