Monday, May 2, 2011

*Weddings*


The past two weeks David and I got to attend one wedding and two wedding receptions. The first one was for one of mine and David's great friends Johnny and Sarah. They are so dang cute together and so fun to be around. David and Johnny grew up together and were room mates at BYU before David and I got married. Some have described David and Johnny's relationship as unnatural:D They are just such great friends! They got married in the bountiful temple and their ceremony was beautiful. I loved the way they would just look at each other. Their sealer was kind of hard to understand but the spirit was so sweet and strong. We were invited to their luncheon but we were late and the numbers were miscommunicated with the restaurant and so there were no seats left for us which actually work out so good!

Grandma Smedley throws some of the best parties and one of those is the very anticipated Easter Party. This year she had about 1200 eggs stuffed for her grand children and great grand children. She is so wonderful!! But not only did we make it for the egg hunt we got to have some of the great BBQ that had been provided. After we ate and visited for a bit we headed off to the reception. We didn't know we were supposed to be there by 5 for pictures since that information wasn't shared until the end of the luncheon when we weren't present so they were waiting on us to finish up. But it worked out good. Sarah looked so beautiful! We are so excited for them!!!

My good friend Jadda!! She is so cute with Brantley


Our friend Mark--He willingly fed Brantley and did a great job!


Wedding #2-- (I didn't get any pictures here because we got there stayed for 5 minutes then had to leave because David had to be at work which was sad because I wanted to see all my friends from high school)

My friends from high school Macey and Curtis also got married. These two were made for each other. One of the cutest couples I have ever seen in my entire life. All of my friends from high school have just been waiting for these two to tie the knot and I am sure many will agree when I say it is about time. They are so great together and the best part is they are my neighbors now. They live right below me in my apartment complex and I have had the privilege of feeding them the past couple of nights to help them get all settled in. We are glad that they are our neighbors!!

But being able to go to these weddings have made me think of my own and how far David and I have come and made me realize how lucky and blessed that I am to have such a wonderful man in my life. I couldn't have married a better man. He is my best friend and the best father to Brantley. He treats me so good. I look back on our wedding day and I only have good feelings. I wouldn't change a thing. We had trials and struggles and we still do but I know that with those trials we have been so blessed. He is so perfect for me. I don't know where I would be without him. He brings out the best in me, makes me laugh until I cry, tells me he loves me about 100 times a day, dances with me around the kitchen and living room, and loves me unconditionally. I married one of the best men in the whole wide world!! He is my number one and I love him with all that I am!!

1 comment:

  1. Weddings are indeed nostalgic. so glad you are David have so much fun together. He is a funny guy all right and brings alot of joy to the Smedley family too! may I say we are so happy that he married you too! You are a good pair together , for sure!

    ReplyDelete